How do I post a GIF on Instagram?
How to Post a GIF on Instagram
- Download the free GIPHY app.
- Open GIPHY.
- Search for a GIF.
- Press the “share” button in between the heart and the three dots (it looks like a paper airplane).
- Press the Instagram share button.
- Allow GIPHY to access your photos.
- Allow GIPHY to open your Instagram app.
Can you put GIFs into Instagram?
You can post GIFs on Instagram to make an amusing, interesting, and eye-catching post. You cannot simply share a GIF you’ve saved directly to Instagram, however — it will appear as a static image if you do so.
Why can’t I send GIFs on Instagram?
To send GIFS and animated stickers through Instagram’s direct message feature, you have to use one of the social platform’s built-in keyboards. … At present, sending GIFs through direct message is not yet possible while on Instagram’s desktop site, and can only be done through the iOS or Android apps.
How do I put an animated GIF on my Instagram story?
How to add a GIF to your Instagram story
- Tap the icon resembling a square smiley-faced sticker. …
- Tap the “GIF” icon, or simply enter a search term. …
- Search for your GIF and then tap the GIF you’d like to add to your story. …
- You can pinch the GIF to resize it, and drag it with your finger to move it.
How do you get GIFs on Instagram?
To access the GIF stickers, tap the add sticker button at the top of stories as usual. From there, select the new GIF option and a library of GIFs will appear. Here you’ll have the option to browse trending GIFs on GIPHY, or search its entire library.
How do you put a GIF in an Instagram DM?
Tap or in the top right of Feed.
- Tap a username or group name to open the conversation. You can also start a new conversation by tapping in the top right.
- Next to where it says Message… tap .
- Tap in the bottom right.
- Search for a GIF or scroll down to see more GIFs.
- Tap a GIF to send it instantly.
Why is GIF not working on Instagram story?
Instagram only supports PNG and MP4 file types (photo/videos). The GIF file type is not supported on Instagram. Instagram only supports PNG and MP4 file types—they do not support GIFs. So, if you’re trying to post a GIF on Instagram, you won’t be able to.