Snapchat and Instagram remove Giphy feature due to racial slur GIF. Snapchat and Instagram have temporarily removed their Giphy GIF sticker features after users saw an extremely racist GIF as an option to add to their images. … An Instagram spokesperson tells TechCrunch “This type of content has no place on Instagram.
What happened to my GIFs on Instagram?
The decision was made after users noticed a racist GIF as an option to add to their social media images. As they said in the statement: “As soon as we were made aware, we removed the GIF and have disabled GIPHY until we can be sure that this won’t happen again . . . while we wait for GIPHY’S team to take a look at it.”
How do you get GIFs back on Instagram?
To access the GIF stickers, tap the add sticker button at the top of stories as usual. From there, select the new GIF option and a library of GIFs will appear. Here you’ll have the option to browse trending GIFs on GIPHY, or search its entire library.
Why are GIF not working on Instagram?
As the GIF file type is not supported on Instagram, the only way you can post it with the animation is to convert it to a supported file type. You can do so via uploading the GIF on GIPHY or converting it to MP4 using an online file converter. Otherwise, you won’t be able to post the GIF on Instagram.
Where is Giphy on Instagram?
On the GIPHY app:
- In the GIPHY mobile app, tap on the located under any GIF.
- Once you tap the button, it will open a selection of social sharing buttons — tap on the Instagram button.
- Once you tap on the Instagram button, it will automatically open Instagram.
- You will be provided with two options:
Does Instagram take GIFs?
Technically, Instagram doesn’t support GIF files, but you can turn your GIF into a video to easily share it on Instagram. Once you download your GIF onto your phone, you will need a GIF-to-video converter app like GIF Cracker. … You will now be able to share your GIF as a video on Instagram.
How do I put GIFs on Instagram?
Tap or in the top right of Feed.
- Tap a username or group name to open the conversation. You can also start a new conversation by tapping in the top right.
- Next to where it says Message… tap .
- Tap in the bottom right.
- Search for a GIF or scroll down to see more GIFs.
- Tap a GIF to send it instantly.
How do you put a GIF on Instagram story?
How to add a GIF to your Instagram story
- Tap the icon resembling a square smiley-faced sticker. …
- Tap the “GIF” icon, or simply enter a search term. …
- Search for your GIF and then tap the GIF you’d like to add to your story. …
- You can pinch the GIF to resize it, and drag it with your finger to move it.
How do I install Giphy?
On the GIPHY app:
- Download the GIPHY app and use the + to access our GIFMaker.
- Press & hold on the shutter icon (O) to record a GIF. …
- You will have the option to decorate if you choose. …
- You can Add Tags to your GIFs, separated by commas (no # needed). …
- Tap Upload to GIPHY!
Why are my gifs not moving?
To play animated GIF files, you must open the files in the Preview/Properties window. To do this, select the animated GIF file, and then on the View menu, click Preview/Properties. If the GIF does not play, try re-saving the animated GIF in the collection in which you want to put it.