How do I change the Marquee tool in Photoshop?
To reposition a rectangular or elliptical marquee, first drag to create the selection border, keeping the mouse button depressed. Then hold down the spacebar and continue to drag. Release the spacebar, but keep the mouse button depressed, if you need to continue adjusting the selection border.
What do the marquee tools and selection tools allow you to do in Photoshop?
The Marquee tool is the most basic of selection tools and often the one most useful. This tool is used to draw selections based on geometric shapes. Specifically, the marquee tool allows you to draw rectangular and elliptical selections. To form the selection, simply click and drag the mouse.
How do you marquee an image in Photoshop?
How to Use the Marquee Tool in Photoshop
- Open the image you want to edit in Photoshop.
- Select the marquee tool in the Photoshop toolbar. …
- Select an area of the image to work with. …
- To move the selection while you’re still creating it, hold down the spacebar and drag the mouse; the selection will move instead of resizing.
How do you modify a marquee?
With the Marquee Tool selected, you also expand your selection holding the shift key + click and drag. That would add up to your existing selection. You can also subtract, holding the alt key + click and drag. There’s also the option of clicking inside the selection and dragging, to change its position.
How do I change the size of a selection box in Photoshop?
Expand or contract a selection by a specific number of pixels
- Use a selection tool to make a selection.
- Choose Select > Modify > Expand or Contract.
- For Expand By or Contract By, enter a pixel value between 1 and 100, and click OK. The border is increased or decreased by the specified number of pixels.
How do you fill a marquee shape in Photoshop?
Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer. Or to fill a path, select the path, and choose Fill Path from the Paths panel menu. Fills the selection with the specified color.