The Links panel (Window > Links) displays a list of all artwork that is placed (embedded or linked) in an Illustrator document. Links Information is displayed in the Links panel.
Illustrator CC’s Links Panel
- Choose Window→Links to see the Links panel, where you can find the images that you placed.
- Select any one of the images. Double-click it to see the additional details you can now access in Adobe Illustrator.
Draw a bounding box around the part of the image that you would like to add a link to. Right-click your newly inserted slice and click Edit Slice Options. In the dialog box that follows, insert your link in the URL field. If you want the link to open in a new window, select “_blank” from the dropdown menu for Target.
Cmd + click on all the missing links (links having question mark sign) and then click on relink button at the bottom of the Links panel. Navigate to the folder location where your linked files are. This will keep the folder open until all the missing files have been linked.
A hyperlink is a hotspot, or link, such as a button or text, on a Web page the user clicks to load a URL. You can create hyperlinks from text in Adobe Illustrator, a vector graphics program, by creating a slice with the program’s Make Slice feature.
Where is Links panel in Adobe?
Use the Links panel
- To display the Links panel, choose Window > Links. …
- To select and view a linked graphic, select a link in the Links panel and then click the Go To Link button , click the page number of the link in the Page column, or choose Go To Link in the Links panel menu.
In Illustrator bring up your Variables window. Select the the text you wish to make a hyperlink of. Then in the Variable windows hamburger menu, select “make text dynamic”. Now, export your PDF.
Click the Object menu’s “Slice” submenu, then click the “Slice Options” command. Type in the URL text box the URL to which the text should link. Click “OK” to close the dialog box.
This tutorial will explain how to link text frames.
- Select the Type Tool [ ]. …
- Insert your text cursor in the first frame, then go to File > Place . …
- If there is more text than will fit, you’ll see a red plus sign (+) at the lower right in the frame’s Out Port.
When sending someone an Illustrator file, be sure to send all linked images and fonts along with the file. Choose File > Package to copy the Illustrator (AI) document, fonts used, and any linked graphics. In the Package dialog box, choose a location for the folder Illustrator creates, to copy the packaged content into.
Use the icons to Relink, Go to Link, Update Link, and Edit Original.
To view file information for linked files, do one of the following:
- In the Links panel, double-click a link.
- In the Links panel, select a link, and then click the Show Link Info button.
To add hyperlinks, just take the following steps:
- Open your PDF document using Adobe.
- Click on Tools > Edit PDF > Link. Then select “Add/Edit Web or Document Link. Next, drag a box to where you want to add the hyperlink to.
- Last, save the file, and it will add the hyperlink to the document.