Go to Eraser Tool, click the right button (for windows) or Ctrl-click (for Mac). A fly-out menu will appear and from there choose the tool. Once you select the Background Eraser Tool, your cursor will be replaced into a circle that has a crosshair in its center.
How do you use the eraser in Photoshop CC?
Erase with the Eraser tool
- Select the Eraser tool .
- Set the background color you want to apply if you are erasing in the background or a layer with locked transparency.
- In the options bar, choose a Mode setting. …
- For Brush and Pencil modes, choose a brush preset, and set Opacity and Flow in the options bar.
Why can’t I use the eraser tool in Photoshop?
Your layer is locked
If you try to erase on a locked layer, Photoshop will give you an error dialog, stating that you can’t use the erase tool. How to Fix: Unlock your selected layer by unchecking the lock icon in the layers panel.
How does the sponge tool work in Photoshop?
The Sponge tool in Photoshop Elements soaks up or squeezes out color. It can reduce the richness or intensity (or saturation) of a color in applied areas. It can also perform the reverse, giving a specific area richer, more vibrant colors.
Why is my eraser tool painting in Photoshop?
Photoshop is using your Background color, which is currently Black. Use the keyboard shortcut of “D” to reset to the default colors.
What is the keyboard shortcut for eraser?
Keys for selecting tools
|Cycle through tools that have the same keyboard shortcut||Shift-press keyboard shortcut (preference setting, Use Shift Key for Tool Switch, must be enabled)|
|Eraser tool Background Eraser tool Magic Eraser tool||E|
|Brush tool Impressionist Brush Color Replacement tool||B|
How do I use the Erase tool in Adobe?
Remove parts of an image with the Eraser tool
- Select the Eraser tool (E) .
- Use the Options bar to customize tool settings, like Size and Hardness, to get the effect you want.
- Drag over the parts of the image you want to erase.
How do I erase in Photoshop?
Click and drag the Quick Selection Tool over the item you want to be removed and it will select it for you. If you just want to delete the item without covering it up, hit Delete to remove it.
How do I remove the background using the Eraser tool in Photoshop?
Photoshop Background Eraser Tool – Quick Summary
- Photoshop’s Background Eraser Tool can be used to easily remove unwanted areas of an image.
- To select the Background Eraser Tool, right-click (Win) / Control-click (Mac) on the standard Eraser Tool in the Tools panel, then select the Background Eraser Tool from the menu.
Why is my eraser white in Photoshop?
This happens when the layer that you are attempting to apply the eraser is not converted to smart object. – Erase to your heart’s content.
Why is my magic eraser not working?
In the case of Magic Eraser, this means making sure the Photos app is updated and running the most recent version. Simply checking the Google Play Store and applying any outstanding updates to the Photos app will likely resolve any problems with Magic Eraser not showing in the Camera and Photos apps.