How do I crop a layer mask in Photoshop?
Highlight the layer you want to crop in your layers panel. Now choose whether you want to crop the layer with the delete method, or layer mask method. For the delete method, press Command + Shift + I (Mac) or Control + Shift + I (PC) to invert your selection. Press the Delete Key to crop the layer into the shape.
How do I crop a layer mask?
Use the Marquee tool, and draw a rectangle over the image where you want to crop it. Add a layer mask to the new layer and invert it. Click the anchor icon (paper clip) between the black layer icon and its mask to unlock them. Use the Move tool to move the marquee, or Cmd+T [PC: Ctrl+T] to Free Transform it.
Can you edit a mask in Photoshop?
To easily edit and refine existing layer masks, do the following: In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the mask you want to edit. Click the Mask thumbnail in the Layers panel. Select any of the editing or painting tools.
How do you cut a group mask in Photoshop?
To create a clipping group between two adjacent layers, select the top layer in the group within the Layers panel. Select “Layer| Create Clipping Mask” from the Menu Bar to a create a clipping group between the selected layer and the layer below it.
How do I crop part of an image in Photoshop?
Crop a photo
- From the toolbar, select the Crop Tool . …
- Draw a new cropping area or drag the corner and edge handles to specify the crop boundaries in your photo.
- (Optional) Specify the Crop options using the Control bar. …
- Press Enter (Windows) or Return (Mac OS) to crop the photo.
How do I use the slice tool in Photoshop?
Photoshop Slice Tool
- Select the slice tool in the toolbox.
- Click and drag over the area you wish to make into a slice.
- Release the mouse button – Photoshop automatically creates the necessary number of slices, with the active slice highlighted.
Why can’t I edit layer mask in Photoshop?
Solution #1: Make Sure the Mask Is Selected
So in order to make sure that you’re effectively using layer masks to edit your work, make sure the actual mask is selected. And you’ll know that the mask has been selected because a frame will appear around it.
How do you clip a group mask?
In the Layers panel, make sure that the masking object is at the top of the group or layer, and then click the name of the layer or group. Click the Make/Release Clipping Masks button at the bottom of the Layers panel or select Make Clipping Mask from the Layers panel menu.