How do you keep proportions when scaling in Illustrator?
To keep stroke width constant, or change (along with other properties) in proportion to objects and text when resizing, go to Edit>Preferences>General – then check or uncheck “Scale Strokes and Effects”.
How do I scale without distortion in Illustrator?
Currently, if you want to resize an object (by clicking and dragging a corner) without distorting it, you need to hold down the shift key.
How do you scale up in Illustrator?
- Click the “Selection” tool, or arrow, from the Tools panel and click to select the object you want to resize.
- Choose the “Scale” tool from Tools panel.
- Click anywhere on the stage and drag up to increase the height; drag across to increase the width.
How do I scale a pattern in Illustrator?
If you want to scale patterns in Illustrator you can use the Scale Tool (S). You can double-click on the Scale Tool in your toolbar or you can go to Object > Transform > Scale to open it. Another way to access the Scale Tool is by right-clicking on your object and selecting Transform > Scale from the menu.
How do you measure in Illustrator?
Measure distance between objects
- Select the Measure tool . (Select and hold the Eyedropper tool to see it in the Tools panel.)
- Do one of the following: Click the two points to measure the distance between them. Click the first point and drag to the second point. Shift‑drag to constrain the tool to multiples of 45°.
How do you scale down in Illustrator?
To reduce in size, begin by navigating to the transform tool. Make sure the “Constrain Width and Height Proportions” button is active. Enter the desired height, here we will use 65.5 inches. Illustrator automatically scales the width down proportionate to the height.
How do you scale a stroke in Illustrator?
Open your Transform palette, and click on the options in the upper right. You need to make sure “Scale Strokes and Effects” is “checked.” It works like a toggle switch. If it’s unchecked, and you click on it, the menu will disappear, and it will be checked. Open the options again to make sure you did it right.
How do you resize a path in Illustrator?
To resize with the Scale dialog:
- Select the object(s) to be rescaled.
- Double-click the Scale tool. …
- Click the Preview check box to see the object interactively resize on the artboard as you change values.
- Click the Scale Strokes & Effects check box if you want to proportionally resize strokes and effects.