In the Layers panel, select the layer containing the areas you want to erase. Select the Background Eraser tool . (If the tool isn’t visible, hold down the Eraser tool , and choose the Background Eraser from the pop-up menu.)
How do I make a top layer transparent in Photoshop?
To adjust layer opacity:
- Select the desired layer, then click the Opacity drop-down arrow at the top of the Layers panel.
- Click and drag the slider to adjust the opacity. You’ll see the layer opacity change in the document window as you move the slider.
How do I remove a layer mask in Photoshop?
To remove the layer mask without applying it to the layer, click the Delete button at the bottom of the Properties panel, and then click Delete.
How do I edit layers in Photoshop?
In This Article
- Open the multilayer image that you want to edit in Elements.
- In the Layers palette, click the layer that you want to edit.
- Make the changes you want to the active layer.
- Choose File→Save to save your work.
What does opacity mean in Photoshop?
Opacity is the extent to which something blocks light. You can change the opacity of layers, filters, and effects so that more (or less) of the underlying image shows through. The letters are transparent when opacity is set to 50%.
How do I remove layers from a photo?
Choose Layers Delete. Right-click on the Layers palette, and choose Delete. Drag the layer to the Delete Layer button. 1 On the Layers palette, click the name of the layer you want to clear.
How do you remove overlays?
Nail Polish remover is fine, but if you can purchase pure acetone for salon applied overlays it should help. Chances are your overlay still made your nail week, so cuticle oil is okay, but you will definitely need a nail strengthener over your natural nail.
How do I remove part of an object in Photoshop?
I. Spot Healing Brush Tool
- Zoom at the object you want to remove.
- Select the Spot Healing Brush Tool then Content Aware Type.
- Brush over the object you want to remove. Photoshop will automatically patch pixels over the selected area. Spot Healing is best used to remove small objects.
How do I edit an index layer in Photoshop?
All you have to do to convert an Index image to Layer or Background in Photoshop is to select it, then go to Image > Mode and select RGB Color. That’s it! You’ll see that the Index image changed into a Layer or Background, depending on the image extension.
How do you unlock a PNG layer in Photoshop?
How To Unlock A PNG File In Photoshop. If a PNG layer is locked in Photoshop and cannot be unlocked, it is likely due to the wrong color mode being used. To solve this, go to Image > Mode > RGB Color. In this color mode, your PNG file will be unlocked and therefore directly editable.
What is an index in Photoshop?
The index image mode is a method for producing 8-bit, 256-color files. Indexed-color bitmaps use a table of 256 colors, chosen from the full 24-bit palette.
How can you delete a selected layer?
You can delete the selected layer or layers from their objects.
- Select one or more layers in the Layer Tree.
- Click and then click Delete Layer or right-click the layer name and click Delete Layer. The CONFIRMATION dialog box opens.
- Click Yes to delete the selected layer or layers or click No to cancel the deletion.
Where is layer mask in Photoshop?
In the layers panel, click on the layer you want to add a mask to, then click the layer mask button at the bottom of the layers panel. The layer mask icon is a rectangle with a circle inside it. A layer mask thumbnail will appear beside the image layer thumbnail in the layers panel.