How do you fill a shape in Illustrator?
Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
How do you fill gaps in Illustrator?
To get over this, with a Live Paint group selected, you can choose Object > Live Paint > Gap Options to specify that gaps of a certain size (which you define- small, medium, large or custom size) will close filled areas.
How do I fill an object with the background in Illustrator?
Click “Object” and select “Clipping Mask” from the menu. Choose “Make” from the submenu to fill the shape with the image.
How do you fill a shape in Illustrator with IPAD?
To add a fill or a stroke color,
- Select the object and tap the Fill or Stroke tool displayed at the bottom of the toolbar.
- Choose a solid color from the Color wheel, Color spectrum sliders, Swatches, Color books, and Libraries, or choose a gradient (Linear, Radial, Freeform).
How do I fill a rectangle with color in Illustrator?
Click the Rectangle or Rounded Rectangle tool on the Tools panel. Press M to select the Rectangle tool. Select a Stroke and Fill color from the Colors area of the Tools panel. Click and drag on the artboard, and then release the mouse.
How do you find gaps in Illustrator?
Illustrator has Gap Options which can easily be found by going to Object > Live Paint > Gap Options. The settings used can be seen in the screenshot.
How do you use the Shape Builder tool in Illustrator?
How to Use Illustrator’s Shape Builder Tool
- Create several overlapping shapes.
- Select the shapes that you want to combine.
- Select the Shape Builder tool and then click and drag across the selected shapes, as shown on the left in this figure. …
- Create another shape that overlaps your new combined shape.
How do you fill a shape with a picture?
Crop to fit or fill a shape
You can have a picture as the fill for a shape. Just click the shape to which you want to add a picture, then under DRAWING TOOLS, on the FORMAT tab, click Shape Styles > Shape Fill > Picture, and select the picture that you want.