How do you fade something in Illustrator?
Press “Ctrl” and “A” simultaneously to select both the rectangle and the photo. Click “Window,” then “Transparency.” Click the “More” menu in the upper right corner of the “Transparency” panel, then click “Make Opacity Mask.” The photo automatically fades to transparency.
How do you fade edges in Illustrator?
Feather the edges of an object
Select the object or group (or target a layer in the Layers panel). Choose Effect > Stylize > Feather. Set the distance over which the object fades from opaque to transparent, and click OK.
How do I do a gradient mask in Illustrator?
To create a transparent gradient mask with Illustrator, select your object, open the Transparency menu, then click the Make Mask button. Then, create an object with a gradient of black to white, copy it to your clipboard, and paste it into your mask layer.
How do you make a gradient opacity in illustrator?
(1) Using the Swatches palette choose a color for your gradient and drag/drop it on the black gradient slider box. (2) Click on the white gradient slider box to select it. (3) Then adjust the Opacity setting found below the gradient slider to 0%. You now have a transparent gradient.
How do I get rid of opacity mask in Illustrator?
To exit opacity mask “mode,” click the artwork thumbnail E (again, like Photoshop), which brings you back to the regular artboard, making all your layers reappear. By default, the opacity mask and artwork are locked together, causing the artwork and mask to move together.
How do I fade a color in Illustrator?
Select the Gradient tool in the toolbar. In the selected artwork you’ll see the gradient annotator, which shows the gradient slider and the color stops. Double-click a color stop on the artwork to edit the color, drag the color stops, click beneath the gradient slider to add new color stops, and more.
What is a gradient mask?
A gradient mask lets you quickly fade images together into a collage. With at least two images on separate layers within the same document, position the image you want on the top of your collage at the top of the layer stack.
How do you use the gradient tool in Illustrator?
How to use the gradient tool in Illustrator
- Create a shape in Illustrator.
- Select the Gradient Tool from your toolbox.
- Go to the “Fill” box under “Appearance” on the right of the screen.
- This opens the settings box for the Gradient Tool.
- In “Type:” choose from linear, radial or freeform gradients.