How do I use clipping tool?
Press Ctrl + PrtScn keys. The entire screen changes to gray including the open menu. Select Mode, or in earlier versions of Windows, select the arrow next to the New button. Select the kind of snip you want, and then select the area of the screen capture that you want to capture.
How do you use clipping mask in Photoshop?
Create a clipping mask
Hold down Alt (Option in Mac OS), position the pointer over the line dividing two layers in the Layers panel (the pointer changes to two overlapping circles), and then click. In the Layers panel, select the top layer of a pair of layers you want to group, and choose Layer > Create Clipping Mask.
What is the shortcut for clipping mask in Photoshop?
The shortcut to create a clipping mask is Command + Option + G (macOS) or Control + Alt + G (Windows). Alternatively, hold down Option (macOS) or Alt (Windows) and hover your mouse between the two top layers in the Layers panel. When a downward arrow appears, click to apply the mask.
How do I use the snip tool shortcut?
To use the Snipping Tool when you have a mouse and a keyboard:
- Press Windows logo key + Shift + S. The desktop will darken while you select an area for your screenshot.
- Rectangular mode is selected by default. …
- The screenshot is automatically copied to your clipboard.
How do you do a screen clipping?
To add a selected portion of the first window shown in the Available Windows gallery, click Screen Clipping; when the screen turns white and the pointer becomes a cross, press and hold the left mouse button and drag to select the part of the screen that you want to capture.
How do you use clipping mask?
Hide parts of objects with a clipping mask
- Create the object you want to use as the mask. This object is called the clipping path. …
- Move the clipping path above the objects you want to mask in the stacking order.
- Select the clipping path and the objects you want to mask.
- Choose Object > Clipping Mask > Make. Note:
How do I feather edges in Photoshop?
To feather the edges of a layer in Photoshop, select the layer by holding Command or Control and clicking on the layer thumbnail. Next, go to Select > Modify > Feather and set the desired feather amount. Now add a layer mask to your image layer to feather the edges of the image.
How do you mask an object in Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.
How do I show a mask in Photoshop?
Hold Shift + Alt and click on your layer mask. Your mask will be highlighted in red, with your photo still showing. You can view the mask of a layer overlaid on top of the canvas by pressing (backslash, usually the key above return).
How do I make a clipping path in Photoshop?
Click on the triangle-shaped icon located at the top right corner of the panel, and then choose “Save Path”. Next, select “Clipping Path” from the same drop-down menu. A new dialog box will appear with a variety of clipping path settings. Make sure your path is selected, and then click OK.