To recover unsaved Illustrator file, restart the program. It will recover your artwork using the auto saved recovery feature. As you reopen the Illustrator, the unsaved file with the Recovered suffix will be visible on the top bar of the program.
Where do unsaved Illustrator files go?
By default, Illustrator will hold your autosaved files in the below locations:
- Windows: C:>Users<username>AppDataRoamingAdobeAdobe Illustrator <version number> Settingsen_US*x64Adobe Illustrator Prefs/DataRecovery.
How do I recover an unsaved Illustrator document cs6?
Steps to Recover Unsaved AI Files with AutoSave
- Restart Adobe Illustrator program;
- In the AutoSave prompt box, click OK to open unsaved AI files again in Adobe Illustrator;
- Go to File>Save or Save As to recover your unsaved AI files to preferred path.
Can you auto save on Illustrator?
Autosave is enabled by default on Illustrator. If you can’t find your unsaved file in the data recovery folder, ensure that you enable autosave from Illustrator Preferences for future backup and recovery.
Why is my Illustrator file not saving?
Solution: Close Illustrator and reopen it without opening an old file. Then create a new blank file, that’s it. Now you should be able to Save As… with any file you open. The didn’t work all the time for me.
How do I enable data recovery in Illustrator?
Steps to enable Illustrator Autosave:
- Step 1: Go to “Preferences” > “File Handling & Clipboard” > “Data Recovery”.
- Step 2: Select the checkbox “Automatically Save Recovery Data Every” to turn on data recovery.
- Step 3: Set time interval “xx minutes” to automatically save a file.
How do you relaunch in Illustrator?
There are two levels of resetting your preferences, the first and more commonly known is to:
- Windows users: Press and hold Alt+Control+Shift as you start Illustrator.
- macOS users: Option+Command+Shift as you start Illustrator.
Is there autosave Illustrator CS6?
As of CS6, no there is not an auto save feature in Adobe Illustrator. If you’re on mac, you can make an applescript that does this but it’s kind of a pain in the butt. Here’s a link to a similar one written for photoshop. You can probably tinker with it a bit if your up to the challenge to save yourself some headaches.
Why does Illustrator crash when I save?
Problems with Illustrator freezing are related to the Windows print spooler service. … Illustrator uses the Windows print spooler service to save files to your local hard drive, and by setting the service to start up automatically, you can resolve these freezing issues.
How do I save an Illustrator file that is not responding?
Illustrator Not Responding: Do This To Save Your Work!
- Force quit the program through task manager. …
- Relaunch/open Illustrator.
- After launch, Illustrator will bring up the Auto-recovery dialog box. …
- Save the recovered files immediately to your preferred destination so you don’t lose them.
What is a file IO error in Illustrator?
I can’t say specifically, the File I/O error clearly indicates that Illustrator can’t write to wherever you are asking it to write to. Could be a server without proper permissions, a jump drive formatted as NTFS, a Diskette that’s full or locked, etc.
How do I save in Illustrator 2021?
Saving an Older Version.
- Open the document you would like to save as an older version.
- Select “File” > “Save As Copy..”
- Select the file format you would like to save to.
- Enter a new name for the file.
- Click “Save”.
- You will be presented with a document version window.
- Select the desired version.