On the Mac, in Excel, select the chart, then Shift-click the Edit menu and choose “Copy Picture”. An options dialog will appear, try the default options. Then go to AI and paste. The chart will come in as a vector graphic.
Can you export a graph from Excel?
Click the chart that you want to save as a picture. Choose Copy from the ribbon, or press CTRL+C on your keyboard . Switch to the application you want to copy the chart to. If you’re saving as a separate image file open your favorite graphics editor, such as Microsoft Paint.
How do I copy and paste an Excel table into Illustrator?
- Open your file in Excel.
- Open a random file in Illustrator and drag it onto the desktop to create a “Picture clipping”.
- Drag your Excel chart into Illustrator. …
- Following this procedure should result in an editable vector-based chart.
How do I import an Excel graph into Indesign?
First, head to the main menu and click Choose File, followed by Place to open a dialogue box. Locate the Excel file within the box and click on the file to generate the options for import. Choose the Formatted Table options and click OK to import the table.
How do I save an Excel chart as a PDF?
With just the chart selected, go to File>Save As and select ‘PDF’ from the ‘Save as type’ dropdown. Name the file and click Save. The chart will be exported to a PDF file. You can export multiple charts from Excel to a single PDF file but you must take care to arrange them in the correct order in Excel first.
How do I save an Excel graph as a high resolution image?
Copy the graph in Excel (CTRL+C) and paste into PowerPoint as a Microsoft Excel object. (The PPT slide size should be set to match the size of the graph using the Slide Size option in the Design tab). From there, right-click on the slide, select “Save as Picture”, and then use the PNG file format option.
How do I convert Excel to PNG?
How to convert XLS to PNG
- Upload xls-file(s) Select files from Computer, Google Drive, Dropbox, URL or by dragging it on the page.
- Choose “to png” Choose png or any other format you need as a result (more than 200 formats supported)
- Download your png.
How do I export an image from Excel?
Save Excel data as image (. jpg, . png or . gif)
- Select a table, chart, shape or any other Excel data that you want to save as an image. …
- Press Ctrl + C to copy the selection to the clipboard. …
- Open Microsoft Paint or any other graphics editor.
- Press Ctrl + V to paste the copied data.
How do I import a CSV file into Illustrator?
Import a data source file
- Choose Window > Variables.
- In the Variables panel, click Import. …
- In the Load Variable Library dialog box, select a data source file in CSV or XML format and click Open.
How do I use the rectangular grid tool in Illustrator?
You can find the grid tool on the tool panel under the line tool. Long-click the line tool to select the “rectangular grid tool”. Then click anywhere on the document to open a dialog that will allow you to enter the values you want for your grid. You don’t choose the number of column but the number of dividers.
How do I merge an Excel spreadsheet into InDesign?
Choose Window > Utilities > Data Merge. Choose Select Data Source from the Data Merge panel menu. To change delimited text options, select Show Import Options. InDesign automatically detects the type of delimiter and encoding used in the data source file, so showing the import options usually isn’t necessary.
Multiple Excel files can be placed by loading them into the so-called ‘place cursor’ of InDesign (also known as the ‘place gun’). Once loaded, you can place each Excel file one-by-one or in groups until no more Excel files are available in the place cursor.
How do I copy and paste from Excel to InDesign?
Click on File in the main menu bar and click on Place… Check Show Import Options in the import window, select the file and click Open to import the Excel file into InDesign. In the import, you can select many different variables, such as the Sheet to import, the Cell range, How to Format the Table, and so on.