Deleting photos from Collections: When viewing photos in Quick Collection (in the Catalog panel) or a Collection (in the Collections panel), selecting a photo (or multiple photos) and tapping the Delete/Backspace key will remove them from the Collection.
How do I clear quick collection?
You can clear the quick collection by right clicking on it in the folders section of the Library module and choosing Clear quick collection. You can also get this command from the File menu or by using the shortcut Command + Shift + B (Ctrl + Shift + B on a PC).
How do I delete a collection in Lightroom?
To delete a Collection or Collection Set:
In the Collections panel, select the Collection or Collection Set you want to delete; Click on the minus icon (–), or; Right-click the selected Collection or Collection set and choose Delete from the fly-out menu.
What is a quick collection in Lightroom?
The Quick Collection is a place for you to quickly add photos that you need to grab from more than one folder in your Lightroom Classic catalog. It is an “easy access,” temporary location for a group of images that you will print, export, share or create a new collection from.
How do I delete a catalog in Lightroom 2020?
How to Delete a Catalog in Lightroom
- Start Lightroom. Click on the “Edit” menu and select “Catalog” to open a dialog box. …
- Click “Show” on the General panel to open the directory that contains the catalog in Windows Explorer or Mac OS Finder.
- Close Lightroom. …
- Delete the Lightroom-specific files from the directory.
How do you quick collection in Lightroom?
Add photos to the Quick Collection
- Select one or more photos in the Filmstrip or the Grid view.
- In the Library or Develop module, choose Photo > Add To Quick Collection. In the Slideshow, Print, or Web modules, choose Edit > Add To Quick Collection. Note: From any module, select a photo and press the B key.
What is the difference between collection and smart collection in Lightroom?
As the name implies, Collections are simply a collection of images, grouped together based on any number of criteria. Smart Collections are collections of photos created in Lightroom based on specific user-defined attributes.
How do I delete folders in Lightroom?
- In the Folders panel of the Library module, select one or more folders and click the Minus icon (-). Or, right-click (Windows) or Control-click (Mac OS) and choose Remove.
- Click Continue in the dialog box. The folder and its photos are removed from the catalog and the Folders panel.
Why can’t I delete photos in Lightroom?
Start with an empty trash bin and then try to delete an image from inside LR. … Then right click images and choose ‘Delete from Disc’ and it should work fine. It is the ‘Read Only’ setting that stops Lightroom from deleting off your disc.
How do I delete all rejected photos in Lightroom?
When you’ve flagged (rejected) all the images you want to delete, hit Command + Delete (Ctrl + Backspace on a PC) on your keyboard. This opens a pop-up window where you can choose to either delete all rejected photos from Lightroom (Remove) or the hard drive (Delete from Disk).
How do I delete a smart collection in Lightroom?
When working in a Smart Collection (because the photos in a Smart Collection are based on search criteria), tapping the Delete/Backspace key will display a dialog with instructions to edit the photo’s metadata so that it no longer matches the smart collection criteria (or, delete the photo from the Lightroom Catalog).
How do I permanently save a quick collection in Lightroom?
Simply right-click on the Quick Collection in the Catalog section of the left panel in the Library module, and then choose “Save Quick Collection” from the popup menu.
What is quick collections?
Quick Collect, Inc. (QCI) is a debt collection agency located in Portland, Oregon. … They provide debt recovery solutions in the healthcare industry.
How do I delete a Lightroom catalog?
Remove photos from catalogs
- Select one or more photos in the Grid view, or select a single photo in the Filmstrip in Loupe, Compare, or Survey view in the Library module.
- Do one of the following: Press the Backspace key (Windows) or Delete key (Mac OS). …
- In the Confirm dialog box, click one of the following: Remove.
How do I clean up my Lightroom library?
7 Ways to Free Up Space in your Lightroom Catalog
- Final Projects. …
- Delete Images. …
- Delete Smart Previews. …
- Clear Your Cache. …
- Delete 1:1 Preview. …
- Delete Duplicates. …
- Clear History. …
- 15 Cool Photoshop Text Effect Tutorials.
How do I delete files in Lightroom?
If you are only wanting to delete / remove one photo from Lightroom, you can simply select it in the library tab of Lightroom and press the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard, or right-click and select ‘Remove Photo’.