Select the Magic Wand tool from the toolbox and then left-click the object that you want to cut out. This creates a selection around the area that you have clicked. Hold down “Shift” and click an adjacent section of the object if the entire object was not covered by the selection.
How do I remove part of a shape in Photoshop?
Hold down Alt or Option and you’ll see a minus sign next to the icon for the tool. Click the area you want to delete. To remove the bottom piece, you can use similar technique. Draw a shape over the area you want to delete.
How do I cut a shape out of a picture?
Crop to a specific shape
- In your file, select the picture that you want to crop to a specific shape.
- Click the Format Picture tab. …
- Under Adjust, click the arrow next to Crop, point to Mask to Shape, point to a type of shape, and then click the shape that you want to crop the picture to.
How do I use the slice tool in Photoshop?
Photoshop Slice Tool
- Select the slice tool in the toolbox.
- Click and drag over the area you wish to make into a slice.
- Release the mouse button – Photoshop automatically creates the necessary number of slices, with the active slice highlighted.
How do I crop an image in Photoshop without cropping?
If you simply want to edit one layer, go to the Layers panel and select it. Then, if you want to just “crop” that one, use the Marquee selection tool (M keyboard shortcut), make a selection, and then invert your selection (Select > Inverse or SHIFT+CTRL+I) and press Delete. *Poof!* All gone.
How do I cut out an image in Photoshop CC 2019?
You can click the tool as shown in the image above, or press the W key.
- Next, click and drag over your object with the Quick Select tool active. …
- If you need to make minor adjustments, you can let go of the mouse button and click each area to include it in your quick selection.