Select the drawn object with the Selection tool, and then select the Stroke tool and a color from the swatch. This will color the lines and strokes in the object. Then, select the Fill tool and pick a color from the swatch. Clicking inside the object will fill it with the selected color or pattern.
How do I select part of a shape in Illustrator?
Do one of the following:
- Select the Group Selection tool , and click the object.
- Select the Lasso tool , and drag around or across the object’s path.
- Select the Direct Selection tool , and click within the object, or drag a marquee around part or all of the object’s path.
How do you color elements in Illustrator?
Step 1: Select the objects you want to change colors. Hold down the Shift key to select multiple objects, or if you want to select all objects hit Command + A. When your object is select, you’ll see a Recolor button on the Properties panel. Step 2: Click on the Recolor button.
How do you recolor a selection in Illustrator?
Recolor artwork using the Recolor Artwork dialog box.
- Select artwork to recolor.
- Click the Recolor button in the Properties panel to the right, to open the Recolor Artwork dialog box. …
- Drag one color handle in the color wheel to edit them all.
How do I select part of an image in Illustrator?
Create a shape using pen tool, then clip mask the part you want. This is the easiest and most common way to select only part of an image in Illustrator. select the object and right click it you will see group/ungroup select ungroup then you can select your desired part of the object.
How do I color a vector in Illustrator?
To Change Artwork Colors
- Open up your vector artwork in Illustrator.
- Select all desired artwork with Selection tool (V)
- Select the Recolor Artwork icon at the top middle of your screen (or select Edit→EditColors→Recolor Artwork)
How do you color overlay in Illustrator?
To make a color overlay in Illustrator, first convert your image to grayscale. Then, create a rectangle in the size of your image, place it over the image, and set the blend mode of the rectangle to Overlay. You can now select the color of the overlay by changing the rectangle’s fill color.
How do I recolor a preset?
Open the Edit Colors/Recolor Artwork dialog box
- Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork or Recolor With Presets command. …
- Recolor Artwork button in Control panel. …
- Edit Colors or Edit Or Apply Colors button in Color Guide panel. …
- Edit Color Group or Edit Or Apply Color Group button in Swatches panel.
How do you recolor an image?
Recolor a picture
- Click the picture and the Format Picture pane appears.
- On the Format Picture pane, click .
- Click Picture Color to expand it.
- Under Recolor, click any of the available presets. If you want to switch back to the original picture color, click Reset.