How do I cut out a transparent image?
The Quick Selection Method: For Images With Round or Wavy Edges
- Get your image ready in Photoshop. …
- Choose the Quick Selection Tool from the toolbar on the left. …
- Click the background to highlight the part you want to make transparent. …
- Subtract selections as needed. …
- Delete the background. …
- Save your image as a PNG file.
How do I make part of an image transparent in Photoshop?
Select the desired layer, then click the Opacity drop-down arrow at the top of the Layers panel. Click and drag the slider to adjust the opacity. You’ll see the layer opacity change in the document window as you move the slider. If you set the opacity to 0%, the layer will become completely transparent, or invisible.
Where is the eraser tool in Photoshop?
Photoshop’s eraser tool can be found in the second group of icons in the toolbox. It has three variations: Eraser, Background Eraser and Magic Eraser. The eraser is basically a brush which erases pixels as you drag it across the image.
What is Magic Eraser tool in Photoshop?
The Magic Eraser tool functions the same way as the Magic Wand selection tool, except that instead of selecting an area, it erases it. The Magic Eraser tool works on any traditional Photoshop layer, as well as the Background layer. Clicking with the Magic Eraser tool converts image pixels into transparent pixels.
How do I make a transparency mask in Photoshop?
In the Layers panel, select the layer. Choose Layer > Layer Mask > From Transparency. You see a layer mask thumbnail that is linked to the original layer. You can Shift-click on the thumbnail to disable it and make the image and its channels opaque.
How do you mask on Photoshop?
Add layer masks
- Make sure that no part of your image is selected. Choose Select > Deselect.
- In the Layers panel, select the layer or group.
- Do one of the following: To create a mask that reveals the entire layer, click the Add Layer Mask button in the Layers panel, or choose Layer > Layer Mask > Reveal All.