Apply a fill color using the Tools panel or the Properties panel. Select a fill color by doing one of the following: Click a color in the Control panel, Color panel, Swatches panel, Gradient panel, or a swatch library. Double-click the Fill box and select a color from the Color Picker.
How do I fill a shape with color in Illustrator?
Click the color that you want to use for the fill in the Color panel, which opens when you activate the Fill tool. You can also open the Swatches or Gradient panel and select a color from those libraries. One last option is to double-click the “Fill” tool, click a color in the Color Picker window, and then click “OK.”
How do I fill a rectangle with color in Illustrator?
Click the Rectangle or Rounded Rectangle tool on the Tools panel. Press M to select the Rectangle tool. Select a Stroke and Fill color from the Colors area of the Tools panel. Click and drag on the artboard, and then release the mouse.
Can I fill a text box in Illustrator?
To change the fill or the stroke of the text box itself: … Click and release once on a corner handle of the text box itself – the Options Bar should change from Type (as shown in the screen shot above) to Anchor Point. Change the stroke and fill as described in the Working With Color section.
How do I fill a shape with an image in Illustrator?
Click “Object” and select “Clipping Mask” from the menu. Choose “Make” from the submenu to fill the shape with the image.
How do you make a box outline in Illustrator?
About This Article
- Click Object.
- Click Path.
- Click Outline Stroke.
- Click Type.
- Click Create Outlines.
How do I fill a rectangle with color in Photoshop?
Fill a selection or layer with color
- Choose a foreground or background color. …
- Select the area you want to fill. …
- Choose Edit > Fill to fill the selection or layer. …
- In the Fill dialog box, choose one of the following options for Use, or select a custom pattern: …
- Specify the blending mode and opacity for the paint.
How do I color a text box in Adobe?
Once you have the text field…
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Switch to the Appearance tab.
- Click the swatch beside Fill Color and choose or mix your field fill color.
- Click Close.
How do I color text in Illustrator?
How to make the boxes
- Open the appearance panel, Window > Appearance.
- Double click Characters to access the character appearance.
- Set the Fill to your foreground color.
- Click Type to get back to the text element.
- Add New Fill (bottom left hand corner of the the panel)
- Set the new fill to your background color.
How do I add color to text in Illustrator?
Change the color of text by selecting the text, clicking the fill color in the Properties panel to the right of the document, and choosing a color.
How do you paint something in Illustrator?
Select the paths or objects. Go to Object>Live Paint>Make. Use the Live Paint Bucket Tool (grouped with the Shape Builder Tool), and then click the selected object.
Where is the paint bucket on Illustrator?
You can find the Live Paint Bucket Tool from Edit Toolbar > Live Paint Bucket, or you can always use the keyboard shortcut K.
Why can’t I paint bucket in Illustrator?
1 Correct answer
As Monika is suggesting, you have to make the objects into a Live Paint object before the Live Paint Bucket tool will do anything. Select all of the objects you want in your Live Paint group and under the Object menu select LivePaint > Make. Now your Bucket tool (K) should work.