Semester 1 2017 | RMIT University
This studio explored the future of design practice, one that was situated within the premise: ‘How will we as designers utilize digital tools to design our future world?’ Immersive Büro explored the latest digital developments with specific interactive digital design tools, where the traditional design tools and processes were challenged. To do this we used a digital, hybrid, workflow through a combination of following tools:
- Augmented Reality – Microsoft Hololens
- Digital Controllers – Leap Motion, Depth cameras etc.
- CAD – Fusion 360 & Rhino 3d + some Grasshopper tools
- Texturing tools – Mudbox, Zbrush
- Rendering visualisation – VRED Pro, Fusion 360, Keyshot .
These immersive outputs were linked directly with physical prototyping, digitally refined and tested 3d models, through low-fidelity and hi-fidelity advanced manufacturing outputs:
- low-fi mockup integration – cardboard
- Hi-fi integration – real world environments
- 3d printing / manufacturing outputs
The workflow and 3d outcomes from Immersive Büro give us the opportunity to experiment and reimagine how we could shape our current digital design practices through series of experimental workflows.